Green IT Amsterdam
The Green IT Amsterdam organisation is a not-for-profit and consists of a high profile board, a secretariat/project team, participants and alliance partners.
Green IT Amsterdam makes the energy transition possible with IT for the Amsterdam region. Our mission is to scout, test and showcase innovative IT solutions for increasing energy efficiency and decreasing carbon emissions. As our society is constantly relying more and more on IT, urgency for sustainability keeps increasing. Moreover, IT can play a key role in making the change from fossil energy into renewable energy, the energy of the future and for the future.
The City of Amsterdam is aiming to reduce carbon emission in 2025 by 40%. In addition, the City increased their target for producing renewable energy by 20%. Green IT emerged from the need to bring IT specialists and energy specialists together to achieve these goals. With Greening of IT we prepare for the continued growing demand for IT in the future by minimizing its energy costs. And with Greening by IT we make it possible to achieve current societal challenges by providing Smart City services that support future-ready, stable and scalable infrastructures.
The organization shares knowledge, expertise and ambitions, for achieving these sustainable targets with its public and private consortium participants. This is possible thanks to greening IT and IT support in optimizing various sectors of the Green Economy in the Amsterdam region.
The consortium participants endorse the aims of Amsterdam in addressing those sustainability challenges by:
- Scouting and investigating the newest developments on a) greening of IT and b) greening by IT and making such information available to the participant;
- Providing a platform for participating in hand-picked pilots that contribute to specific subtopics of greening of IT and greening by IT;
- Providing podiums for networking and for showcasing participants’ sustainable offerings and related value cases;
- Creating opportunities for participants to demonstrate their commitment to the sustainability objectives of increasing energy efficiency and decreasing carbon emission.
The consortium now consists of around 40 leading organizations on sustainable IT infrastructures in various sectors including IT, engineering and energy. This network is complemented by establishing active alliances with other key partners.
- Website: http://www.greenitamsterdam.nl/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/green-it-amsterdam
- Twitter: @GreenITAms
- Telephone: +31 (0)20-520 7979