Green Data Center Platform - The Netherlands
Green Data Center Platform is an initiative to accelerate the energy transition and improve energy efficiency in the Datacenter sector by sharing knowledge, best practices and lessons learned
- 12 projects/case studies are published on the platform.
- Anyone can publish a project or case study. However, approval is needed and so all project information sent is reviewed.
- A conference is taking place every year called ‘Datacenter & Residual Heat’ conference. Successful editions in 2017 and 2018 are leading the way towards more awareness on this topic.
Problem addressed: The platform is part of several actions that the Dutch Datacenter sector is organizing to highlight the use of residual heat from Datacenters which is a lever to speed up sustainability and circular economy in the digital sector.
- The platform is a sharing point of knowledge and insights for all stakeholders that are committed to sustainability goals.
- By sharing knowledge, best practices and lessons learned we aim to support progress in terms of sustainability, beyond borders.
- The Green Datacenter Platform is initiated by the Dutch Datacenter industry, represented by the Dutch Datacenter
- Association and by the organization Green IT Amsterdam.
- By actively participating, companies become endorsers. Participating in this context means to share your knowledge on this platform.
The platform showcases several current projects or projects that may be replicated and scaled up in the near future. More projects to be added and replicated, therefore continuously working on a base of knowledge and inspiration.